Love pasta but can’t have gluten? I have the ultimate recipe for you: my Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Baked Orzo.
With only 15 minutes of active prep time, you can set this family-favorite recipe to bake in the oven while you go about taking care of your to-do list!
This is one recipe you don’t want to miss, so keep scrolling to get this incredible recipe!
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Baked Orzo
Time: 40 minutes (15 minutes active)
1 (8 ounce) box Jovial Organic Grain Free Cassava Orzo Pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 (8 ounce) jar sun dried tomatoes marinated in olive oil, drained and divided
½ cup onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup coconut milk
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup cauliflower florets
2 cups baby spinach
2 tablespoons fresh basil, torn
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Set aside.
2. Chop ⅓ cup of the sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and smoked paprika. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and gently scrape any browned bits from the pan with a wooden spoon.
4. Preheat oven to 350F.
5. Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, cauliflower florets, and the remaining sun-dried tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 12-15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
6. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or high-speed blender. Process until smooth.
7. In a large bowl, combine the orzo, spinach, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and half of the torn basil. Mix to combine.
8. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and spread into an even layer. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
9. Top with the remaining basil and serve warm.