Love pasta but can’t have gluten? I have the ultimate recipe for you: my Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Baked Orzo.
But this isn’t just any baked orzo—I use Jovial Organic Grain Free Cassava Orzo Pasta to not only avoid gluten but also get the health benefits of cassava!
With only 15 minutes of active prep time, you can set this family-favorite recipe to bake in the oven while you go about taking care of your to-do list!
This is one recipe you don’t want to miss, so keep scrolling to get this incredible recipe!
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Baked Orzo
Time: 40 minutes (15 minutes active)
1 (8 ounce) box Jovial Organic Grain Free Cassava Orzo Pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 (8 ounce) jar sun dried tomatoes marinated in olive oil, drained and divided
½ cup onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup coconut milk
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup cauliflower florets
2 cups baby spinach
2 tablespoons fresh basil, torn
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Set aside.
2. Chop ⅓ cup of the sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and smoked paprika. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and gently scrape any browned bits from the pan with a wooden spoon.
4. Preheat oven to 350F.
5. Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, cauliflower florets, and the remaining sun-dried tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 12-15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
6. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or high-speed blender. Process until smooth.
7. In a large bowl, combine the orzo, spinach, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and half of the torn basil. Mix to combine.
8. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and spread into an even layer. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
9. Top with the remaining basil and serve warm.
Sign Up Here For Your FREE Copy:
Dr. Pingel's Ultimate Beauty Recipes
Thank you! Keep an eye out for an email with link to download your free gift!