Whenever I’m in the mood for something filling yet light, I turn to this Carrot Ginger Turmeric Soup with Roasted Chickpeas recipe. It’s flavorful, which leaves me feeling satisfied, but also contains naturally detoxifying foods that support both digestive and liver health.
In fact, I love it so much that it’s a featured recipe in my 7-day detox that supports healthy weight management as well as the Total Health Turnaround Program, the 30-day program for overall health and wellness.
As you can see, this Carrot Ginger Turmeric Soup with Roasted Chickpeas recipe is a staple that you’ll return to over and over again. Keep reading for the recipe.
Time: 1 hour
1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon ginger
1 tablespoon almond butter
4-5 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 2-pound pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
4 cups vegetable stock
Crushed red pepper, to taste
Roasted chickpeas, to taste
1. In a large pot over medium heat, warm the oil. Add in the onion, garlic, turmeric, and ginger. Cook, stirring , for 3 minutes, or until fragrant.
2. Add in the almond butter, stirring to combine. Add in the carrots and pumpkin, and cook for 10 minutes, or until the carrots and pumpkin soften and begin to caramelize.
3. Pour the vegetable stock over the mixture, cover, and cook for 40 minutes, or until the carrots and pumpkin are fork tender.
4. Use an immersion blender to blend until well combined.
5. Pour into bowls and top with the crushed red pepper and roasted chickpeas. Serve immediately.