Here it is—the perfect holiday side dish! Delicious and filling, this dish features cinnamon roasted sweet potatoes with pears and parsnips and is topped off with the sweet taste of maple syrup along with pumpkin seeds. Trust me, you'll be going back for seconds of this one!
Perhaps the best part of this recipe? The sweet potatoes, pears, and parsnips are filling ingredients featuring health-promoting antioxidants. In fact, while sweet potatoes and pears have long been known for their fibrous content, parsnips have more recently been shown to also support satiety. 
To top it off, the cinnamon in this recipe has been linked to improved blood sugar levels. In fact, one study showed that consuming cinnamon immediately increased the insulin sensitivity in people with type 2 diabetes, and the effect lasted for 12 hours. 
With all the health benefits in this Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Pears, and Parsnips recipe, you can be sure you’re offering your guests the very best while keeping them full and satisfied this holiday season!
Total time: 55 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
2 sweet potatoes or yams, largely diced
2 parsnips, largely diced*
2-3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
½ tablespoon cinnamon
4 pears, largely diced
Roasted pumpkin seeds, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the pears and pumpkin seeds, and toss.
3. Transfer the vegetables to a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven, mix in the diced pears in, and bake for another 15 minutes.
5. Top with roasted pumpkin seeds and serve.