We’re quickly approaching Valentine’s Day … and what is Valentine’s Day without chocolate? The problem is that 99 percent of the chocolate we eat on this holiday is full of sugar and other unhealthy processed ingredients. But that doesn’t mean you have to avoid chocolate altogether! All you have to do instead is turn your eyes to this delicious Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe!
Featuring coconut cream, raspberries, maple syrup, and vegan chocolate chips, it’s a healthy twist on a standard sugar-filled chocolate cake. And you know what that means—all of the flavor and none of the guilt! So, let’s take a look at what makes this cake a better alternative.
Coconut cream is a great source of lauric acid, which has been shown to promote healthy weight management, skin health, dental health, and more.  It’s even been shown to support healthy cholesterol levels.  But that’s not all. This creamy treat is also incredibly satisfying and filling, which will help you to cut back on midday snacking.
The raspberries and maple syrup provide a delicious, all-natural sweetness to this dessert. By avoiding sugar, you’re also avoiding a host of health concerns, such as overeating, high blood sugar levels, and even certain types of cancer. [3, 4, 5] Regularly consuming sugar has even been linked to a 30 percent increase in risk of developing acne!  Conversely, the raspberries in this Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake contain powerful antioxidants that have been linked to reduced risk of certain diseases due to their ability to fight inflammation. 
Now that you know what makes this Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake so incredible, let’s get cooking!
Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour
4 cups full-fat, canned coconut cream (cream only, no water)
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon non-alcoholic vanilla flavoring
½ teaspoon sea salt
12 ounces vegan chocolate chips
1. In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, combine the coconut cream and raspberries.
2. Stirring gently, bring to a simmer, remove from the heat, and add the remaining ingredients. Continue to stir until the chocolate has fully melted.
3. Line a large springform pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the lined pan.
4. Freeze for 45-50 minutes.
5. Allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy!
Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 4 cups full-fat, canned coconut cream (cream only, no water)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp non-alcoholic vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 12 oz vegan chocolate chips
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, combine the coconut cream and raspberries.
- Stirring gently, bring to a simmer, remove from the heat, and add the remaining ingredients. Continue to stir until the chocolate has fully melted.
- Line a large springform pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the lined pan.
- Freeze for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy!