Looking for a quick and easy healthy snack? Look no further! My Easy Homemade Hummus recipe is delicious, filled with nutritious ingredients, and ready in only 5 minutes! As a bonus, you can pair it with fresh veggies for the ultimately healthy and filling treat.
So, what makes this recipe so nutritious? Well, chickpeas, which are also known as garbanzo beans, are a fantastic source of plant-based protein. They also support satiety and help cut down on in-between-meal snacking.
In fact, a 2010 study followed 42 participants and discovered that when they supplemented their diets with chickpeas, they reported eating less junk foods, feeling more satisfied, and having improved bowel function. Interestingly, when the participants stopped eating the chickpeas, they consumed more processed snack foods.  They’ve also been known to support both healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels. [2, 3]
In addition the cumin in this recipe has been found to decrease IBS symptoms within as little as two to four weeks.  It’s also known to contain anti-viral and antibacterial properties, which help to fight off infections. 
Now that you know the health benefits of this incredibly delicious Easy Homemade Hummus, let’s get to the recipe. You’re just 5 minutes away from a satisfying, tasty snack!
Easy Homemade Hummus
Time: 5 minutes
2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas (reserve 1-2 tablespoons for topping)
¼ cup tahini
¼ cup nut milk
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ tablespoon cumin
3-4 garlic cloves
Pine nuts, to taste
Smoked paprika, to taste
1. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients, except the reserved chickpeas, pine nuts, and paprika. Process until well-combined.
2. Serve topped with the reserved chickpeas, pine nuts, and smoked paprika, or store in an airtight container until ready to be eaten.
Easy Homemade Hummus
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas (reserve 1-2 tablespoons for topping)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup nut milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- Pine nuts, to taste
- Smoked paprika, to taste
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients, except the reserved chickpeas, pine nuts, and paprika. Process until well-combined.
- Serve topped with the reserved chickpeas, pine nuts, and smoked paprika, or store in an airtight container until ready to be eaten.