Looking for the perfect red meat alternative for your next cookout? Check out this amazingly delicious recipe: The Ultimate Miso Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger with Spicy Slaw!
It’s so flavorful, you may never turn back to the old standard again. Plus, it offers some incredible health benefits as well! Want to learn more? Keep reading to get all the details on this amazing recipe.
First, this recipe for The Ultimate Miso Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger with Spicy Slaw obviously replaces red meat, which can be highly inflammatory to many people, with mushrooms.
Mushrooms are a great source of fiber and protein, and they’ve even been shown to help fight inflammation. 
And because of their naturally meaty, juicy texture, they’re one of my top plant-based meat alternatives.
In addition to fighting inflammation, mushrooms are also known to promote satiety.
According to a 10-day study published in 2017, researchers discovered that people who ate mushrooms instead of meat reported greater fullness, less hunger, and even less snacking throughout the study duration. 
Now, I know you’re ready to get cooking, so I won’t delay the recipe any longer, except to say that the combination of the miso, meaty portobello mushroom, and spicy slaw provides an amazing flavor that your whole family will rave about!
I hope you enjoy The Ultimate Miso Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger with Spicy Slaw as much as I do and eat it with the confidence of knowing you’re supporting your health (and your waistline!) with every bite.
The Ultimate Miso Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger with Spicy Slaw
Makes: 2 burgers
Time: 20 minutes
For the burger:
2 portobello mushroom caps
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons coconut aminos
1 teaspoon miso paste
¼ teaspoon gochugaru or crushed red pepper
Sea salt, to taste
2 gluten-free burger buns
For the slaw:
1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
½ teaspoon sriracha
½ teaspoon agave
Sea salt, to taste
1 cup shredded slaw mix
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1. To make the burger: Using a spoon, gently remove the stems and black gills from the mushroom caps. Wipe the mushroom caps clean with a lightly damp paper towel.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, miso paste, gochugaru, and salt. Generously brush the marinade onto both sides of the mushroom caps.
3. Preheat a grill pan or grill to medium-high heat. Add the mushroom caps and grill for 3-5 minutes per side, or until tender.
4. To make the slaw: In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, rice vinegar, sriracha, agave, and salt. Add the slaw and cilantro and mix to combine.
5. Warm the buns, then top with the grilled mushrooms and slaw. Serve immediately.