If you’re looking for a delicious, easy snack to give you energy when you’re on the go, I have just the recipe for you: No-Bake Homemade Energy Bars with Trace Minerals!
Not only are they delicious, featuring the fruity flavor of dried apricots and sweetness of dates and dark chocolate, but they’re also full of the trace minerals your body needs for optimal function.
As you may recall, trace minerals are the minerals your body needs very small amounts of each day to maintain the energy it needs to perform its daily tasks. And since your body doesn’t make these minerals on its own, you can only get trace minerals from your food and/or supplements.
So, how do trace minerals support your overall health? Here are a few examples.
Another trace mineral, zinc, plays an important role in the function of your immune system and in fighting inflammation.
Zinc has also been shown to fight inflammation, which isn’t only the precursor to many of our modern chronic diseases, but it’s also been tied to worsening symptoms during illness.
In fact, a 2010 study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that seniors who took 45 mg of zinc each day for six months experienced a greater reduction in inflammatory markers than those who didn’t take zinc. 
Here’s a look at the nine trace minerals your body needs on a daily basis.
Amazingly, these homemade energy bars contain all nine of these trace minerals. Believe it or not, dried apricots contain many of them: chromium, copper, iron, manganese, selenium, and zinc.
Meanwhile, the rolled oats contain copper, iodine, iron, molybdenum, and zinc. And the dates contain fluorine and manganese.
Finally, the nuts and seeds in these homemade energy bars round out the list of essential trace minerals by also delivering copper, manganese, selenium, and zinc.
Given how comprehensive they are, it makes sense to give them a try, right? So, let’s dig in! With just five minutes of prep, you can have a healthy, tasty snack that will help sustain you throughout even your busiest days!
Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 16 bars
1 cup unsweetened dried apricots
1 cup Medjool dates
1 tablespoon coconut oil
⅓ cup gluten-free rolled oats
¼ cup raw almonds
¼ cup raw Brazil nuts, chopped
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
¼ cup mini vegan dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Line a small baking dish with parchment paper, allowing excess to hang over sides. Set aside.
2. In a food processor, combine the apricots, dates, and coconut oil. Process 1-2 minutes, or until a crumbly paste forms. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the oats, almonds, Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and chocolate chips, if using, to the bowl with the apricot mixture. Using a spoon or your hands, mix thoroughly to combine.
4. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Press into an even layer.
5. Transfer the baking dish to the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Use the excess parchment paper to carefully lift the mixture from baking dish. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into 16 bars.