If you’ve noticed a problem with your skin lately, you aren’t alone. During times of intense stress, you’re more likely to need a little extra help keeping your skin clear. And that exactly where this Exfoliating Honey Sugar Lemon Scrub comes into play.
Right now, we’re in unprecedented times. From one moment to the next, we don’t know what’s coming next. That causes a lot of stress—both mentally and physiologically. And your skin is often the first sign that your body is under stress.
You see, as you experience more and more stress, your body spends less time in its calming parasympathetic mode. And since your body’s healing process takes place in parasympathetic mode, this results in slower healing and skin regeneration.
Simply put, when your skin doesn’t regenerate, your dead skin cells aren’t naturally sloughed away and build up over time. This leaves you more prone to breakouts. But, luckily, there’s a great treatment you can do from home to give your body’s exfoliating abilities a little boost.
Featuring all-natural ingredients you likely already have lying around your kitchen or pantry, this Exfoliating Honey Sugar Lemon Scrub is easy, quick, and—most importantly—effective! And because it features raw coconut sugar, which is less abrasive than other exfoliants, you can use it from head to toe!
But what makes this scrub better than the alternatives you can find at your local store? First of all, it contains no chemicals and only features whole-food ingredients known to support skin health.
The lemon juice featured in this Exfoliating Honey Sugar Lemon Scrub not only helps to brighten your skin, but it’s also very acidic. As a result, lemon juice can help to cool inflammation and even fight the very bacteria that causes acne breakouts. [1, 2, 3]
Additionally, honey has been shown to contain anti-microbial properties, proving to be useful in skin therapies.  In fact, a 2015 review of 26 trials confirmed that honey is an effective treatment for minor skin wounds and abrasions. 
Finally, the olive oil in this Exfoliating Honey Sugar Lemon Scrub will leave your skin feeling moisturized. And due to its rich antioxidant content and anti-bacterial properties, it can also offer protective and acne-fight effects as well. 
So, now that you know what makes this Exfoliating Honey Sugar Lemon Scrub so effective, let’s take a look at how easy this recipe is so you can start using it today!
Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1½ cups
1½ cups raw coconut sugar or brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and lemon juice. Stir to make a thick paste.
2. Add in the honey and olive oil, and stir to combine.
3. Place the scrub on the ledge of the shower, out of the stream of water. Wash and rinse your body in warm water.
4. Step away from the water. Apply 1 to 2 tablespoons of the scrub at a time to your desired areas. Gently massage the scrub into your skin in a circular motion for 1 to 2 minutes, focusing on dry areas to eliminate dead skin cells.
5. Rinse the scrub completely from your skin, then pat your skin dry with a towel. Store remaining scrub in an airtight container in a cool place for up to one week, making sure to stir before each use.