Whether you’re attending a parent-teacher conference, a PTO meeting, your child’s classroom Halloween party, or are in need of Halloween cupcake ideas to host your own Halloween party, look no further. These spooky cupcakes are just the treat!
- Hauntingly delicious
- Almond flour
- Grass-fed butter
3 Health Benefits of These Spooky Halloween Cupcakes
1. Contain inflammation-cooling properties
Whoever thought to ground up almonds to make almond flour was a genius. I mean, think about it: So many people have to cut wheat and gluten out of their diets.
Years ago, almond flour wasn’t really a thing, but now the tables have turned. Today, those with celiac and people with a gluten-sensitivity have so many options available to them, like these spooky cupcakes.
Almond flour, as you may have guessed, has the same benefits as almonds. Almond flour is great for maintaining healthy blood sugar levels, sustaining energy, and regulating cholesterol levels.
Almonds contain oleic acid and vitamin E, which is known for its oxidative stress-fighting properties. When you lower oxidative stress in your body, you helping to fight inflammation. [1, 2]
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that fights and reduces oxidative stress, and it’s also linked to a lowered risk of heart disease, cognitive decline, and even some forms of cancer. [3, 4, 5, 6]
2. May help fight metabolic syndrome
Believe it or not, these spooky cupcakes could actually provide health benefits that protect you against diseases related to metabolic syndrome! And the evidence is there, with each tasty bite.
These chocolatey mummy-themed cupcakes are not only creepy and delicious, but they’re also rich in metabolic-friendly ingredients, such as butter.
Butter, in particular, especially grass-fed butter, is a rich source of a fatty acid known as conjugated linoleic acid, or CLA.
Studies have shown that CLA can support your body by protecting against diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and possibly even cancer. 
Although its functions are still being studied, the anti-inflammatory activity of conjugated linoleic acid may be responsible for its health-promoting qualities. 
3. Contains potassium
I’ve mentioned many times how much my boys love bananas, which is great because they’re always on-the-move, so they need potassium. The best way to get potassium is through whole food sources like bananas! 
One banana alone contains 422 milligrams of potassium; that’s 12 percent of the daily recommended value.
Potassium has many benefits, such as regulating both circulation and blood pressure. These two things combined help to reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease. Research has shown that increased intake of potassium should be recommended as a treatment for vascular disease and hypertension. [10, 11, 12, 13]
And here’s one last fun fact: Did you know that the less ripe the banana, the higher the fiber content? It’s true! So, when you’re perusing through the fresh produce aisles hunting for bananas, remember that tip! [14, 15, 16]
Spooky Cupcakes for Halloween
These creepy Halloween cupcakes are the perfect addition to any party. They’re not only a fun, chocolatey twist on the traditional mummy look, they’re also incredibly delicious. But don’t just take my word for it! Try them out yourself and let me know what you think!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 12 cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
¾ cup almond flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
1½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup coconut sugar
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil, melted
½ cup unsweetened organic applesauce
1 tablespoon non-alcoholic vanilla flavoring
3 eggs (or three chia eggs, or flax eggs)
½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1½ tablespoons nut milk of choice
½ cup cream cheese (if dairy-free, use a dairy-free version or omit)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Fill a cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until combined.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well.
5. Pour the batter evenly into the cupcake liners and bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, place a double boiler over medium to medium-low heat. Mix together the chocolate chips, coconut oil, and nut milk, gently stirring until everything is well-incorporated.
7. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and melted frosting ingredients. Use a hand mixer or standing mixer to mix well.
8. Put the frosting in a piping bag with a ribbon-tipped piping tool and decorate your spooky cupcakes! Add googly eyes as a final touch!
1. If you’re running short on time, don’t fret! Just grab a healthy, pre-made frosting to decorate the cupcakes with.
2. If omitting cream cheese, then also skip step 7 and instead allow the chocolate mixture to cool for 15 minutes, and then refrigerate for 30-45 minutes before adding to the piping bag to frost the cupcakes.
Spooky Cupcakes for Halloween
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1 tbsp non-alcoholic vanilla flavoring
- 3 eggs (or three chia eggs, or flax eggs)
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp nut milk of choice
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (if dairy-free, use a dairy-free version or omit)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Fill a cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour the batter evenly into the cupcake liners and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a double boiler over medium to medium-low heat. Mix together the chocolate chips, coconut oil, and nut milk, gently stirring until everything is well-incorporated.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and melted frosting ingredients. Use a hand mixer or standing mixer to mix well.
- Put the frosting in a piping bag with a ribbon-tipped piping tool and decorate your spooky cupcakes! Add googly eyes as a final touch!
Sign Up Here For Your FREE Copy:
Dr. Pingel's Ultimate Beauty Recipes
Thank you! Keep an eye out for an email with link to download your free gift!