A prized recipe in my family, this made-from-scratch Sweet Potato Curry is one I make on repeat a few times per month.
The flavor profile of this curry will leave you in complete awe and craving more. It’s sweet, spicy, salty, and loaded with nutritious, filling ingredients such as sweet potato, coconut cream, and black rice.
The best part? It’s customizable to feature your favorite vegetables! Pulled from my popular e-cookbook, Dr. Pingel’s Healthy Harvest Cookbook, this recipe is a favorite of my friends, family, and even patients! Check it out below and to get the rest of the cookbook, head over to Total Health Apothecary.
Sweet Potato Curry
Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
1-1½ cups cubed organic, non-GMO tofu
½ cup coconut aminos
1 cup black rice
3 tablespoons coconut or avocado oil, divided
¼ cup chopped white onion
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon coriander
1 tablespoon Indian curry powder
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons ginger
1 large sweet potato, chopped into small chunks
1 (15-ounce) can coconut cream
2 cups mixed vegetables (such as broccoli, carrots, cauli lower, and peas)
1. Put the tofu in a medium bowl and cover with the coconut aminos, using your hands to toss. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
2. Cook the rice according to package instructions.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut or avocado oil.
4. Add in the onion, garlic, turmeric, coriander, curry powder, fennel seeds, cumin, and ginger. Stir continuously and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Add in the sweet potatoes and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add in the coconut cream, and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft and fork tender.
Sign Up Here For Your FREE Copy:
Dr. Pingel's Ultimate Beauty Recipes
Thank you! Keep an eye out for an email with link to download your free gift!