Life can get quite busy sometimes. And, when that happens, I like to make sure I’m making the time to eat healthy, nutritious lunches. After all, I’m a big believer in planning ahead when it comes to my meals. It not only helps me avoid less nutritious options, but it also helps to avoid overspending at the grocery store! This Colorful Vegan Collard Wrap Recipe is a fantastic option to help use up staples I keep in my house while also providing my body with the nutrients I need to stay healthy.
In fact, one of the healthiest ingredients in this vegan collard wrap recipe is right there in the name: collard greens! First, they’re rich in vitamin C, folate, and calcium. Second, they contain loads of fiber, making collard greens a great food to boost digestion. Finally, collard greens also contain an active compound called 3,3′-Diindolylmethane, which has been shown to inhibit the cellular response of human breast cancer cells! 
This Color Vegan Collard Wrap Recipe also features other nutrient-packed plant-based foods as well. Inside the wrap, you’ll find carrots, sprouts, broccoli slaw, red cabbage, and even a personal favorite of mine—avocado! And these foods have been shown to help fight off many diseases and health concerns.
In fact, did you know that sprouts were shown to have a major impact on fasting A1C levels in people with type 2 diabetes? Compared to the control group, the A1C levels in the group who ate sprouts were almost 25 percent lower.  Also, the cabbage in this recipe has been shown to support bone health, while avocados are known to benefit everything from your digestion to your heart to even your eyesight. [3, 4]
As you can see, if you’re looking for a quick nutritious meal, this Color Vegan Collard Wrap Recipe is just the ticket. Keep reading to learn just how easy these wraps are to make!
Colorful Vegan Collard Wrap Recipe
Time: 30 minutes
7 ounces, non-GMO organic tofu, sliced lengthwise then cut into four stripts
¼ cup coconut aminos
4 collard leaves, steamed
½ cup hummus
½ cup shredded carrots
½ cup sprouts
½ cup broccoli slaw
¼ small red cabbage, sliced (optional)
½ large avocado
Sesame seeds, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Marinate the tofu in the coconut aminos.
3. On a greased baking sheet, place the tofu and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Cut off the collard leaf stems, and, using a knife, gently cut the stem length-wise along the leaf, allowing the leaf to become flexible.
5. Equally distribute the hummus, carrots, sprouts, broccoli slaw, cabbage, avocado, sesame seeds, and one slice of tofu onto the collard leaves.
6. Roll it like a burrito and repeat with the other leaves. Slice the wraps in half.
7. Serve with the sauce from my Easy Lettuce Wraps recipe, if desired. Enjoy!