Ooey Gooey Vegan Pecan Pie
Is there anything like a rich, sweet, gooey pecan pie? No—there’s something better! A rich, sweet, gooey vegan pecan pie that’s guilt free! That’s right; I’ve created a healthy twist for another old standard that’s even better than the original! Don’t believe me? Give it a try this Thanksgiving and watch in wonder as your guests rave about the best pecan pie they’ve ever had!
So what makes this vegan pecan pie so guilt free? For this twist on the famous Southern pecan pie, I’m using the all-natural sweeteners dates and maple syrup in place of the standard brown sugar and corn syrup, which we all know are seriously lacking in nutrition and have even been tied to increased inflammation.  But these replacements offer even more!
Specifically, several studies have shown that consuming dates regularly is linked to better health. How? Well, due to the fact that they’re high in fiber, they’ve been shown to aid digestion and even help prevent blood sugar levels from spiking after eating a meal. [2, 3] Another big health perk? Animal studies have shown that consuming dates resulted in improved memory, better learning abilities, and less anxiety-driven behaviors.  They were even linked lower inflammatory markers that have been linked to Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases. 
Ooey Gooey Vegan Pecan Pie Recipe
Time: 1 hour
8 Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoon ground flax seeds
1 bag (8 ounces) pecans, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Crust.
3. In a high-speed blender, combine the dates, maple syrup, ground flax, and ½ cup chopped pecans. Blend on high until well-combined.
4. Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in the remaining pecans (leaving some aside to decorate the top).
5. Pour the filling onto the crust and top with remaining pecans to decorate.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy!