If you’re looking for a quick, healthy lunch, this incredible Asian Chopped Cabbage Salad is as delicious as it is beautiful. And the best part? It’s ready in only 10 minutes!
This salad is a spin on Asian cabbage slaw, filled with fresh fruits and vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, radishes, and oranges. It also includes a sweet and spicy dressing featuring maple syrup and sriracha. But it’s not only tasty; this Asian Chopped Cabbage Salad is full of health-promoting nutrients, too.
Did you know that cruciferous vegetables such as the cabbage and broccoli featured in this salad are known to help fight inflammation? In a 2014 study on over 1,000 women, researchers found that those who ate more cruciferous vegetables had up to 24 percent less inflammation in their bodies than those who ate less of these healthy vegetables, according to inflammatory markers.  What’s more, cabbage contains a ton of vitamin K, which has been show to help support bone health! 
So, what are you waiting for? Get the recipe now and start your year off with a big dose of healthy, nutritious plant-based foods!
Asian Chopped Cabbage Salad Recipe
Time: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon nut butter of choice
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
½ teaspoon powdered ginger
2 tablespoons hot water
1 teaspoon maple syrup
½ teaspoon sriracha
½ small red cabbage, thinly sliced
2-3 cups broccoli florets
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
3 radishes, sliced
2-3 mandarin oranges, peeled and halved
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 avocado, sliced
1. In a medium bowl, mix together all dressing ingredients until well-combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all salad ingredients, except for the avocado.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and toss to combine.
4. Top with the avocado and serve.
Asian Chopped Cabbage Salad
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 small red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 2-3 mandrine oranges, peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- In a medium bowl, mix together all dressing ingredients until well-combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all salad ingredients, except for the avocado.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and toss to combine.
- Top with the avocado and serve.