If you’ve ever had a late night or a flare up during allergy season, odds are that you’ve searched for a quick, easy, and effective dark circle treatment for under your eyes. And with allergy season in full swing, what better time to get prepared than now?
So, what makes this dark circle treatment unique? Well, for starters, research has shown that dark circles under your eyes (also known as periorbital hyperpigmentation) can be caused by a few different concerns. And one of those is a vitamin K deficiency. 
Accordingly, it makes sense that a vitamin K-based topical application would help to reduce dark circles, right? In fact, a 2018 study revealed that applying vitamin K topically helps to reduce skin discoloration. 
The Makings of an Effective Under-eye Dark Circle Treatment
At this point, you may be wondering why a vitamin K deficiency is linked to an increased risk of developing dark under-eye circles, and why vitamin K is effective in treating them. The answer is pretty simple and is directly linked to the benefits of consuming vitamin K!
As you may recall, the “K” in vitamin K refers to the German word “Koagulation,” which refers to the solidification of blood. 
Accordingly, vitamin K is effective in reducing dark circles due to the fact that it promotes blood clotting and reduces the effects of blood pooling in the small vessels underneath your eyes. 
My DIY Vitamin K Dark Circle Treatment features foods rich in vitamin K: avocado, cucumber, and especially kale.
In fact, if you combine the amounts of vitamin K in each of the ingredients in this recipe, this treatment delivers an astonishing 94.6 mcg of vitamin K straight to your skin!  That really contributes to the recommended daily amount of 90 mcg for women and 120 mcg for men!
Not only that, but this DIY Vitamin K Dark Circle Treatment offers other skin benefits as well! For example, did you know that monounsaturated fatty acid-rich avocados are full of antioxidants known to slow and reduce signs of aging?
According to a study 716 women, higher intakes of dietary fat, saturated fat, and monounsaturated fat were significantly associated with increased skin elasticity.  But wait; there’s more ….
The same study also revealed that higher consumption of green and yellow vegetables (such as the kale and cucumber in this dark circle treatment) was significantly associated with less wrinkles. Talk about a win-win!
Perhaps the best part about this treatment? Because it’s whole foods-based, you can take any leftovers and put them straight into a smoothie with some flavorful fruit to get the remaining benefits!
So, what are you waiting for? In just five minutes from now, you’ll have an incredible DIY dark circle treatment as well as the base for a delicious treat afterward. Let’s get started.
DIY Vitamin K Dark Circle Treatment
Time: 5 minutes
Makes: about ½ cup
1 ounce kale (just under 1/2 cup)
½ large cucumber
1. In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine all the ingredients. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
2. Transfer to the refrigerator for 15 minutes, or until cool.
3. Clean your face and pat dry with a clean towel.
4. Gently apply the treatment with your fingertips or a brush to any dark circles under your eyes. Leave on for 10 minutes, then gently rinse with cool water.
Store excess mixture in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or put the remaining in a smoothie with some frozen fruit!
DIY Vitamin K Dark Circle Treatment
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 oz kale (just under 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 large cucumber
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine all the ingredients. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for 15 minutes, or until cool.
- Clean your face and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Gently apply the treatment with your fingertips or a brush to any dark circles under your eyes. Leave on for 10 minutes, then gently rinse with cool water.
Sign Up Here For Your FREE Copy:
Dr. Pingel's Ultimate Beauty Recipes
Thank you! Keep an eye out for an email with link to download your free gift!