We’re quickly approaching winter, which unfortunately means lots of dry skin for many of us. Luckily, I have just the treat: my Scrumptious DIY Body Scrub Recipe with Chocolate and Peppermint!
After all, why not pamper yourself with the best scents of winter while also getting the soft, smooth skin you deserve year-round?
Aside from also serving as the ultimate holiday gift for those who need a little pampering, this Scrumptious DIY Body Scrub Recipe with Chocolate and Peppermint carries its own benefits.
Not only does it help slough off dead skin in notable rough areas, such as your elbows and feet, but it also utilizes olive and avocado oils to leave your skin feeling soft and moisturized. Plus, it has a few extra benefits as well.
First, this DIY body scrub recipe utilizes Epsom salt, which is known to help relieve troublesome concerns such as muscle pain, stress, and fatigue. [1, 2] Second, the olive oil has been shown to contain antioxidants and fight bacteria when used topically. 
Meanwhile, peppermint oil has been shown to promote mental focus, relieve headaches, and boost energy. In fact, one study revealed that applying diluted peppermint oil topically was as effective as acetaminophen, a common over-the-counter pain reliever, in relieving headache pain. 
Additionally, a 2008 study on 144 volunteers showed that, again, simply smelling peppermint oil actually enhanced the accuracy of the volunteers’ memories. 
Finally, the cacao in this recipe is also known to support skin health. In fact, studies have shown that the flavonoids in cocoa can help to protect your skin from sun damage. According to one 12-week study, high-flavanol cocoa decreased UV light-induced redness by 25 percent! 
Meanwhile, another study that found that high-flavanol cocoa can increase blood flow to the skin by 70 percent as well as oxygen saturation by 80 percent. 
As you can see, this Scrumptious DIY Body Scrub Recipe with Chocolate and Peppermint is the gift that just keeps on giving. So, scroll on down and get the recipe so you can enjoy a little pampering or whip up a batch for someone special this holiday season!
Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 cup
½ cup raw cane sugar
½ cup Epsom salt
3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon avocado oil
5-8 drops peppermint essential oil
1. In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, salt, and cacao powder.
2. Add in the olive oil, avocado oil, and peppermint essential oil. Stir to combine.
3. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container, such as a mason jar.
4. Place the scrub on the ledge of the shower, out of the stream of water. Wash and rinse your body in warm water.
5. Step away from the water and apply 1 to 2 tablespoons of body scrub at a time to the desired area. Gently massage into your skin in a circular motion for 1 to 2 minutes, focusing on dry areas to remove dead skin cells.
6. Rinse the sugar scrub completely from your skin. Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.