After months of wearing flip flops, sandals, and slides our feet have been exposed to many environmental elements. Accordingly, I love to use this all-natural Coconut and Lavender DIY Foot Scrub to exfoliate my feet and keep my them feeling and looking great.
But the benefits of exfoliating your feet go far beyond their appearance. Regularly exfoliating your feet not only helps to prevent the uncomfortable build-up of thick calluses, but it can also help you to relax and unwind after a long, stressful day.
As you may recall, I believe that taking some time for yourself to relax and restore is critical for supporting your body’s stress management. And massaging this Coconut and Lavender DIY Foot Scrub onto your feet for just a few minutes as needed can help you to do just that.
In fact, studies have shown that massage not only supports your circulation and lymphatic drainage, but it also even helps reduce join pain.  Furthermore, simple five-minute hand or foot massages have lowered patients’ perceived levels of stress in certain studies. 
For this recipe, I decided to combine the scientific support of the benefits of massage with the healing power of Epsom salt, coconut oil, and lavender essential oil. And the results are incredible! Here’s why ….
Did you know some studies have shown that lavender oil is comparable or even more effective than prescription anti-anxiety medications? [3, 4, 5] Moreover, it’s been shown to help manage pain, fight insomnia, relieve headaches, and more! [6, 7, 8]
Meanwhile, the Epsom salt in this Coconut and Lavender DIY Foot Scrub can help to draw out toxins while also relieving aching feet. And the coconut oil contains anti-microbial properties, making it a great foot scrub ingredient that can help to fight fungal and bacterial sources. 
So, the next time you’ve had a long day and want to pamper yourself a bit, take a few minutes and give this amazing DIY foot scrub a try. Between the benefits you’ll get from the self-massage, aromatic lavender, and relaxing Epsom salt, you’ll be well on your way to feeling refreshed and renewed!
Coconut and Lavender DIY Foot Scrub
Time: 5 minutes
Makes: ½ cup
1 cup Epsom salt
½ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened (but not liquid)
8-10 drops lavender essential oil
1. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients until combined. Use the back of a spoon to break up the coconut oil as needed.
2. Apply 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to a clean foot. Gently scrub on your feet and ankles for 10 minutes. Focus on dry areas, such as cracked heels, to remove any dead skin cells. Repeat with your other foot.
3. Rinse your feet thoroughly with warm water. Dry with clean towel. Transfer the remaining mixture to an airtight container for later use.
Coconut and Lavender DIY Foot Scrub
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened (but not liquid)
- 8-10 drops lavender essential oil
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients until combined. Use the back of a spoon to break up the coconut oil as needed.
- Apply 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to a clean foot. Gently scrub on your feet and ankles for 10 minutes. Focus on dry areas, such as cracked heels, to remove any dead skin cells. Repeat with your other foot.
- Rinse your feet thoroughly with warm water. Dry with clean towel. Transfer the remaining mixture to an airtight container for later use.
Sign Up Here For Your FREE Copy:
Dr. Pingel's Ultimate Beauty Recipes
Thank you! Keep an eye out for an email with link to download your free gift!