No holiday dinner is complete without potatoes! Featuring a healthy portion of health-promoting avocado oil, this golden garlic smashed potatoes recipe will become a staple in your household all year long. I know it is in mine!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is the inclusion of avocado oil. It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of avocados because I love the health benefits I get from consuming this incredible health food. For example, did you know that it’s an amazing source of monounsaturated fatty acids and contains more potassium than a banana? It’s also a great dietary source of fiber!
Amazingly, the avocado oil used in this recipe stands on its own merit. One study found that including avocado oil in a salad actually increased people’s absorption of carotenoids, a nutrient known to promote eye health.  It’s also been shown to be beneficial for skin health, heart health, and more! [2, 3]
Now you can see why I feel confident serving this delicious side dish to my family and friends—and why it will definitely have a place on my table this holiday season. Get the recipe for these golden garlic smashed potatoes below!
Total time: 1 hour
2 pounds baby dutch yellow potatoes, washed
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons sea salt
3 tablespoons avocado oil
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a large stockpot, place the potatoes and cover with water.
3. Add salt to taste and bring the water to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until fork tender.
4. Drain the water from the pot, then add the avocado oil, garlic powder, and pepper. Replace the lid, grab the handles, and toss the potatoes to combine. Pour them onto the baking sheet.
5. Grab another baking sheet, lay it over the baking sheet with the potatoes and smash the potatoes.
6. Drizzle with extra avocado oil and salt, if desired, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until crisp. Serve immediately.