Sometimes you get a craving for a sweet treat, but that doesn’t mean you have to turn to a chemical-filled snack cake that leaves you feeling awful. Instead, try these Homemade Rice Crispy Treats! They’re delicious, satisfying, and the best part is they’re totally guilt-free.
Between the creamy unsweetened peanut butter, which delivers energy-boosting protein, and the maple syrup, which is rich in antioxidants. In fact, one study revealed that maple syrup contains over 24 antioxidants! 
Finally, these Homemade Rice Crispy Treats also contain health-promoting cinnamon and sprouted brown rice cereal. In fact, studies have shown that eating cinnamon not only helps to significantly lower fasting blood glucose levels but also improves insulin sensitivity. [2, 3]
So, let’s not wait any longer. Check out this recipe below and you can treat yourself to these Homemade Rice Crispy Treats in less than an hour from now!
Time: 55 minutes
Makes: 12 bars
½ cup unsweetened, creamy peanut butter (almond butter or cashew butter work well, too)
¼-⅓ cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons non-alcoholic vanilla flavoring
Cinnamon to taste (optional)
3 cups sprouted brown rice cereal
1. In a small pot over medium-low heat, warm the peanut butter and maple syrup.
2. As the mixture gets warmer, stir the ingredients to combine. Remove from the heat and then add the vanilla and cinnamon, if using. Stir to combine.
3. In a large mixing bowl, pour the rice cereal and peanut butter mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir to combine.
4. In a loaf pan or an 8 x 8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper, pour the mixture and gently press to form it.
5. Let it sit at room temperature for 45 minutes, then refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Cut into slices or squares and enjoy!