Being a new mom can be tough—especially if you’re trying to breastfeed and you’re experiencing a low milk supply. Frankly, nursing can be exhausting, and this is doubly true if you’re worried about giving your baby enough nutrition. Believe it or not, this Easy Homemade Lactation Cookies Recipe may just be the answer you’ve been searching for.
First, these cookies are loaded with healthy ingredients guaranteed to deliver the sustenance you need on days you’re running on low energy.
Second, the ingredients in this Easy Homemade Lactation Cookies Recipe were hand selected to help boost your milk supply while also serving as a great nutritious snack for your whole household!
So, just how do these cookies work? Well, this recipe contains rolled oats, brewer’s yeast, and flax seeds—all of which are great sources of the vitamins and minerals you needed to support your milk supply.
In fact, it’s so critical to get the nutrients you need while breastfeeding that your doctor likely told you to continue taking your prenatal vitamins during this time.
This is because getting a sufficient amount of nutrients will help you to produce higher quality breast milk for your baby.  But there’s more!
It’s actually very important to keep your nutritional intake steady while breastfeeding. And these cookies will help you do just that! They’re easy to grab and eat while caring for your little one and provide you with the assurance that you’re putting solid nutrition into your body.
Why is it so important to eat regularly while breastfeeding? Well, studies have shown that when mothers decreased their own consumption below 1,500 calories per day, their babies’ milk intake was reduced by an average of 15 percent. 
So, you can see how important it is to make sure you’re getting adequate nutrition during this important time. So why not treat yourself with these sweet chocolate chip cookies to not only stay energized but also support your milk supply?
Easy Homemade Lactation Cookies Recipe
Time: 20 minutes
Makes 18 to 20 cookies
3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1⅓ cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free baking flour
¼ cup brewer’s yeast
⅓ cup ground flax seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup coconut oil, softened
⅔ cup maple syrup
½-¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, yeast, flax seeds, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until well-combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough onto a greased baking sheet or onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before eating.
Easy Homemade Lactation Cookies Recipe
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free baking flour
- 1/4 cup brewer’s yeast
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2-3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, yeast, flax seeds, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until well-combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough onto a greased baking sheet or onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before eating.
Sign Up Here For Your FREE Copy:
Dr. Pingel's Ultimate Beauty Recipes
Thank you! Keep an eye out for an email with link to download your free gift!