It’s no secret that I absolutely love sweet potatoes. They’re not only incredibly delicious, but they’re also a great source of fiber, making them really filling. They also support gut health, blood sugar levels, and even your immune system (thanks to their vitamin A content). [1, 2] And that’s why I made them the featured ingredient in these Sweet Potato Muffins!
These muffins are perfect anytime you need a quick snack or grab-and-go option. I like to make these ahead and take a few with me to the office so I can easily get in some nutrition on busy days. If you ever find that you suffer from the afternoon slump that often happens after lunch, these Sweet Potato Muffins will help you avoid hitting the vending machine or indulging in sugar-filled impulse eating.
The best part of this recipe? You can customize it to your tastes by adding in chocolate chips or chopped walnuts. So, give them a try and let me know what you think! This is a quick and easy recipe the whole family will love.
Time: 35 minutes
Yields: 12 muffins
2½ cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup cashew milk or coconut milk (not canned)
1 teaspoon non-alcoholic vanilla flavoring
1½ cups 1:1 gluten-free baking flour
¾ cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
⅓ cup chocolate chips or chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a high-speed blender, blend the sweet potatoes, cashew milk, and vanilla flavoring on high until combined.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and chocolate chips or walnuts, if using.
4. Pour in the sweet potato mixture, and mix to combine.
5. Evenly distribute the mixture into a lined muffin pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes and then enjoy!