Delicious Vegan Snickers Bars
Halloween is quickly approaching, and while many of us may not know what the holiday will look like this year, one thing is certain: Candy will be a part of it! But that doesn’t mean you have to throw your health progress out the window because I have just the treat: Delicious Vegan Snickers Bars!
That’s right—this year, we’re making a healthy version of (almost) everyone’s favorite candy bar. It’s sweet, rich, gooey, and only requires 15 minutes of active work. How incredible is that?
But that’s not even the best part! These Delicious Vegan Snickers Bars are totally guilt-free.
Yep, you read that right. With just a few minutes of work, you can indulge in a delicious treat without feeling the stress and self-deprecating feelings that usually come along with sneaking a few pieces of candy.
So, what makes these Delicious Vegan Snickers Bars better than the original? Well, first, this homemade candy can be shared with those who may have dietary restrictions, such as having to avoid dairy, refined white sugar, or certain preservatives. (Just make sure that anyone who has a peanut allergy steers clear!)
Plus, it’s filled with healthier ingredients than you’ll find in the standard Snickers candy bar. Instead of using refined sugar and corn syrup, this homemade Snickers bar is sweetened with all-natural coconut sugar, agave syrup, and dates.
Likewise, gone are the milk chocolate “ingredients” you’ll find in the traditional Snickers bar (which includes sugar, cocoa butter, chocolate, skim milk, lactose, milkfat, soy lechithin, and artificial flavors). 
Instead, these Delicious Vegan Snickers Bars feature the vegan dark chocolate recommended for supporting optimal heart health, better memory, and improved mood. It’s even known to help control your appetite!
In fact, a study on 12 women revealed that eating or even just smelling dark chocolate (made up of at least 85 percent cocoa) helped to reduce the participants’ appetites. As a result, the researchers suggested that regular cocoa and chocolate consumption could reduce appetite and possibly even weight gain. 
Now, I’m not saying these Delicious Vegan Snickers Bars will help you drop 20 pounds. But consider how replacing the 7 teaspoons of sugar found in a traditional Snickers bar with this healthier alternative could impact your waistline in a positive way.
But don’t just take my word for it! Scroll on down, get the recipe, and give my Delicious Vegan Snickers Bars a try. This is one recipe your stomach, waistline, and even your friends and family will thank you for!
Delicious Vegan Snickers Bars
Time: 15 minutes (+ 2 hours cooling)
For the nougat:
¾ cup peanut flour
½ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons agave syrup
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup raw peanuts
For the caramel:
1 cup dates, pitted
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, divided
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sea salt
For the chocolate:
2 cups vegan dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing excess to hang over the sides of the pan.
2. To make the nougat: In a food processor, combine the peanut flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil, agave, and salt. Process for 1-2 minutes, or until combined. The mixture should stick together when pinched.
3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan and press into an even layer. Sprinkle the peanuts over top in an even layer.
4. To make the caramel: Wipe out the food processor and then add the dates, ¾ cup of the coconut milk, vanilla, and salt. Process for 4-5 minutes, or until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut milk at a time as needed until the mixture is thick but easily pourable.
5. Pour the mixture over the peanuts and spread into an even layer. Transfer the pan to the freezer for 2 hours, or until set.
6. Next, place a wire rack over a sheet pan.
7. Remove the loaf pan from the freezer. Carefully remove the candy from the pan by lifting the parchment paper. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 8 bars. Place the bars on the prepared wire rack, leaving space in between each bar.
8. To make the chocolate: In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Pour the chocolate mixture over each bar. Transfer the bars to the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.
9. Remove from the refrigerator, serve, and enjoy!
The candy bars can be stored in a refrigerator for up to 7 days or in a freezer for up to 2 months.